First, we’d like to offer a huge thank you to everyone who submitted a talk for Ignite San Diego #7. We received three times as many submissions as we have room for and many of them were top-notch! Our selection committee definitely had their work cut out for them. Congratulations to everyone who was selected. To those of you who were not selected, please, please, PLEASE do not be discouraged — submit again next time! Our selection committee is different every. single. time. Just because your talk didn’t resonate with these judges doesn’t mean it won’t connect with a future committee member!
Without further ado, in no particular order, since we never reveal the lineup until the night of the event, here are your Ignite San Diego #7 speakers!
- Jennifer Myers – “All I Need to Know I Learned In Prison”
- Tommy Galan – “Tomfoolery: From Lawyer Land to Clown Town”
- Scott Cole – “Burritos are Ten-dimensional”
- Edna Nerona – “Child Free and Happy”
- Dennis Stein – “How to Actually Solve Homelessness in San Diego”
- Westley Dang – “Living in my Car Made me Happier”
- Joon S. Han – “Bring Your “G” Game… and Don’t Forget the Schnauzer”
- Sandi Schwartz – “Why Your Kids are Suffering From Your Love”
- Mary Canady – “I Adopted A Teenager and Survived”
- Ken Afan – “The One Single Reason Society Doesn’t Work”
- Mark Halvorson – “Sex Ed 101: Wow, I did not know that”
- Jessica Vogelsang – “Run, Poke, Pray: What To Do When An Animal’s Trying to Kill You”
- Courtney Harmon – “The Lies Our Toys Sell”
- Alexis Record – “Special Needs Children Are Not Your Inspiration”
- Lindsay LaShell – “Wooly Bits: The Binary of Knitting”
- Kyle Bowe – “The Life-Changing Magic of Losing Your Shit”
Want to see this awesome lineup? Of course you do! Tickets go on sale THIS Saturday, March 25 at 9 AM. Tickets are only $15 (that’s less than $1/talk) and can be purchased at Eventbrite here. Then RSVP on Facebook, so you can invite friends and get all our important updates.
In the meantime, spread the word, share the love, tag your friends! Ignite San Diego is still a growing community, so share this awesome lineup, let us know what you’re excited to hear about, and help us grow!
Once again, thanks to each and every one of you who submitted and who helped select the talks. It’s people like you who make the Ignite community so amazing. Looking forward to a fantastic event!