Thank you to all the brave souls who submitted an idea for Ignite San Diego #8. We have to say, the quality of submissions was the highest we’ve seen across the board and the selection committee certainly had a tough job on its hands to select only 18.
Congratulations to everyone who was selected. To those of you who were not selected, please, please, PLEASE do not be discouraged — submit again next time! Our selection committee is different every. single. time. Just because your talk didn’t resonate with these judges doesn’t mean it won’t connect with a future committee member!
Without further ado, in no particular order, since we never reveal the lineup until the night of the event, here are your Ignite San Diego #8 speakers!
- Beth Accomando – Zombies for Humanity: No Brains, Big Hearts
- Max Rosenthal – Section 5250 and Me
- Karin Zirk – Why Myths Matter
- Denise St. Onge – Why America Needs Compulsory National Service
- Kevin Corcoran – A Life-Changing Lesson from Farting in Yoga…
- Barbara Khozam – Why Don’t You Like Me? (My Battle With Approval Addiction)
- Sherry Nouraini – My Horton Helped Me Hear the Who, Yours Can Help You Too!
- Luke Schrotberger – How My Dead Dad Helped Me Become an Ironman
- Nicola Peill-Moelter – The Circuitous Journey of a Tree-Hugging Capitalist
- Jason Bechtel – You Are a Language Machine
- Robb “Latz” Latimer – Why Men Should be Feminists
- Amanda Qassar – Jeff Bezos Wants Your Soul: or, Why I Hate Amazon (and You Should Too!)
- Ada Powers – Why You Should Date Your Boss, Your Friends, And Your Mom
- Brooke Binkowski – Journalism in the Age of Disinformation
- Bob Cunningham – How I Stopped Hating Social Media and Used it to Write Novels, One Post at a Time
- Sarah Elizabeth Richards – Did 23andMe Steal My Will to Live?
- Abby Heilbron – “Treat Your Mom Right – She’ll Probably be the one to Bail you out of Jail Someday,” And Other Lessons the Golden Girls Taught Me
- Chris Hammell – Patience, Panic, and Prayer: The Life of an Action Figure Collector
Want to see this awesome lineup? Of course you do!
Ignite San Diego #8 will be at the McMillin Companies Events Center at Liberty Station in Point Loma on Thursday, October 5 at 6 PM.
Tickets go on sale Saturday, September 2 at 9 AM SHARP. Tickets are only $16 (that’s less than $1/talk) and can be purchased at Eventbrite here. Then RSVP on Facebook, so you can invite friends and get all our important updates.
In the meantime, spread the word, share the love, tag your friends! Ignite San Diego is still a growing community, so share this awesome lineup, let us know what you’re excited to hear about, and help us grow!